- web site: http://www.debutart.com/illustration/helen-friel#/illustration
- contact: Début Art
- phone: +44 (0) 20 7636 1064
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Since graduating in 2009 from Central Saint Martins, with a first class degree in Graphic Design, Helen Friel has been working as a freelance Paper Engineer.
Helen both hand cuts and uses technology to produce her pieces. Bridging the gap between two and three dimensions is central to her design practice as well as producing pieces that involve and evoke emotion in the audience.
Many of her pieces are stage sets in miniature, creating worlds with layers of card and paper. They are often influenced by an off-beat sense of humour that captions the delicate cut-outs. Her work has been featured in books Papercraft and Papercraft 2.
Working from her studio in South London, Helen has produced work for clients including: Vogue UK, Vanity Fair UK, Time, Tatler UK, Tatler Asia, Harrods Magazine, MOO and Men’s Health.
- Submitted by: debutart
- Hits: 707
- Added: Apr. 01, 2013
- Last Modified: Jan. 29, 2018