Berry Rhys, Alan
- web site: http://www.debutart.com/artist/alan-berry-rhys
- contact: Début Art
- phone: +44 (0) 20 7636 1064
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alan Berry Rhys is a graphic artist and illustrator home based in Buenos Aires, Argentina. He has been a graphic design professor at Buenos Aires University for 8 years. As an artist, I have produced several solo shows at Buenos Aires (Argentina), Rosario (Argentina), San Francisco (CA, USA) and Santiago de Chile (Chile). In addition, Alan has participated in several combined shows, at Portland (Oregon, USA), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Tandil (Argentina) and Asunción (Paraguay). He has been invited to the last 3 editions of Puma Urban Art in Buenos Aires.
He's worked for a wide range of commercial and commissioned works for brands developing graphic universes and illustrations.
Vintage graphic advertising inspires his work. He loves the look of low-fi printing. It's errors and limitations that give his work a distinctive characteristic. Using screen-printing, risograph and painting, Alan has developed a style based on low quality printing methods of the early graphic advertising. He also has extended work on lettering and typography.
In the search of inspiration of a simpler life he explores craftsmanship lifestyles, such as fishermen, axmen, butchers, carpenters, etc. In addition, he also enjoys exploring popular street graphic.
Alan has worked for brands such as Jack Daniel's, Absolut Vodka, Nike, Puma, Sol Beer, Cinzano, Vans, Oreo, Good Year, Penguin, California Customs, Pilgrim London, BlackFin, Gravedad Zero.
- Submitted by: debutart
- Hits: 186
- Added: Apr. 26, 2017
- Last Modified: Jun. 06, 2017